Vegetarian or Vegan?
Try plant-based proteins: beans (black beans, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, etc.) edamame, tofu, tempeh!
Starch options: opt for whole grain, complex carbohydrates as your fuel! I have put a * next to my favorites!
- Quinoa*— you can add whatever flavors/spices of dish to quinoa to boost flavor
- Sweet potato*
- Brown rice*
- Pasta (Black bean or Quinoa based pasta)
- Rice Varieties: Jasmine*, Basmati*, Wild Grain*, Etc.
- Broken wheat
(there are other options as well but I just gave a ‘basic’ list) Vegetable options: leafy greens are your best bet here! I have put a * next to my favorites!
- Green Beans*
- Red, Yellow, Orange Peppers*
- Bok Choy
- Spaghetti Squash* (unsure if this is even considered a vegetable)
- Sugar Snap Peas